- Bring a list of all your current medications, including (if
possible) the amounts prescribed / taken and what they were
- Try to arrive in a relaxed state, if possible. So, no sport,
workouts, heavy physical labour, sexual activity etc. prior to
your visit. Try to have had enough sleep as well.
- Try not to be hungry and/or thirsty. Never skip a meal prior to
- Don’t wear any make-up, if you are in a habit to do so.
- Don’t clean your tongue nor use “mouth cleaner” on the day of
- Maintain proper body hygiene to minimize the risk of
- Don’t drink coffee during the 4 hours before your visit or use
other drinks/food/candy that affect(s) the color your tongue.
- Wear loose clothing. Lower arms and lower legs contain the most
used acupuncture points. Often points on other areas need to be
used as well (e.g. belly, back, etc.). So be prepared you might
be asked to undress and keep underwear on (to keep private areas
covered). Towels are available for additional coverage as